Users want to be able to clone a JIRA and have the reporter automatically changed to themselves.

Haroon Habibi September 26, 2022

Users want to be able to clone a JIRA and have the reporter automatically changed to themselves. how to resolve this?

1 comment

Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2022

Hi @Haroon Habibi 

Cloning an issue in JIRA copy all fields and just set the status to the first status of the WF.

If you have a recent version of JIRA DC, you can use JIRA DC to update the Reporter.

As cloning an issue create a link between the new issue and the original one, you can listen the Link created event and then update the Reporter with the current user (user who trigger the event).

Regards

Haroon Habibi September 27, 2022

We don't have JIRA DC yet, is there a better guidelines or documentation where it will walk me through all the steps? 

Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

What apps do you have ? I do not see how to do it natively.

Haroon Habibi September 28, 2022

we use Data center version of Jira

Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2022

I do not understand in your previous message you told me that you are not in DC.

If you are in DC you can install automation for jira for free, create an automation rule.

Trigger by link created ("Cloners")

Then Action Update Issue and change the reporter and write {{initiator}} into it.

When an issue will be cloned it will copy the reporter but the automation will update it with the user who clone the issue. You may have to refresh the page to see it.

Regards 

Like Haroon Habibi likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events