User Group Meeting Topics

Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2017

Hi all, I'm one of the Chicago area Atlassian User Group (AUG) Leaders.  I'm wondering in general - what topics would people like to learn about at a user group meeting?

Perhaps, lets kick it off there.   What things are useful for you, what would motivate you to come out and have lunch with us or come to an evening event?

For example, if we did a Jira administration tips and tricks evening event, would that be cool?  Would a Jira from download to installed with NGinx configured be cool?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions! :)

3 comments

Comment

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2017

Guys, I co-lead the group with Greg and he really, really needs the help.  Please help out. :)

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 24, 2017

@Gregory Van Den Ham I'm brand new to the Atlassian team and my job is literally to meet all of your content hopes and dreams! I will definitely contact you to set up some time to chat 1:1, in the meantime, will you repost this question to the AUG Leader group here? Cheers, and talk soon,

Bridget

Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2017

you bet!  I do have a lot of dreams :)

Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2018

Hey @Gregory Van Den Ham,

I found our Sydney AUG June very interesting!

Did you already run a playbook AUG?

Cheers

Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2018

Interesting.   I'd like to see a step by step write up for it.   We have an Aug leader instance  for each city that is Jira and Confluence.  Not sure about the other applications.  We can't create logins on those instances however.

We did run a Confluence multiedit challenge when it was first available - that was a lot of fun.

Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2018

Hey @Gregory Van Den Ham,

Bhushan, who ran it in Sydney, published this write up:

Sydney AUG June Edition

Is it a good starting point?

Cheers,

Caterina

Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2018

Yup it helps ;).  I think if aug leaders got 10 user licenses to server products or more access to create users for hands on lab type stuff that would be awesome.   

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events