Upgrade Jira Version

Chiara Squilloni February 23, 2018

Hi everybody,

we are using Jira 6.4.1 and we have to upgrade to the last jira version.

When we bought jira there was no difference between jira core and jira software.

We have to chose one of this to make the upgrade to the latest jira version?

We want to clone our jira (db ecc.) and try to make an upgrade to the 7.0 version.

We have some addon developed by us. We need to know if we these addons still work so we need a trial licence to try the addons.

Where can I download a trial version?

Thank you guys!

1 comment

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2018

Dear @Chiara Squilloni,

you don't need to clone your db for an upgrade - you just have to follow the upgrade path:

6.4.1 > 6.4.14 > 7.0.11 > 7.8.0  (Take Jira Software)

But why do you need a trial license? You plan to upgrade so you need to by a new license. Or does the upgrade depend on the compatibility of your plugin?

Note: Versions below 7.2.0 have already reached end-of-life and are not supported anymore.

So long

Thomas

Chiara Squilloni February 26, 2018

Thank you @Thomas Deiler, we need to test and to fix our internal plugin before the upgrade. All projects dependo on it, it’s a custom email handler.So we need to test it, fix it and than make the upgrade

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2018

Dear @Chiara Squilloni,

understood. But when you got a valid license, you can use any of the upper versions for testing.

Install the latest Jira, test your plugin and if positive 'walk' the upgrade path.

I don't know the nature of your plugin, but most plugin's do not need to be installed and active for intermediate versions.

Am I wrong?

Thomas

Chiara Squilloni February 27, 2018

So I can use my licence to install the latest version of jira and maintaine my actual jira at the same time?

Jira is a service, I can't stop it to make test!

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2018

That depends on you license. If it is valid for right now, then yes. If it has expired, you can use it with the Jira version that was released/available at the date of license expiration. 

Chiara Squilloni February 28, 2018

Yes, the licence is valid.

It seems me uncommn that I can use the same licence in two different installation of jira, also if it will be only for the time for the test.

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2018

Two times is half-legal, but works. Better you request for a DEV License. You can do this on my.atlassian.com - same place where the key is stored. DEV licenses are free.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events