It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

Upgrade Java and tomcat for upgrade Jira

I recently upgrade Jira server from 7.3.8 to 7.9.2 and noticed that the version of the JRE was not upgraded. It is still 1.8.0_102, which is a couple years old.  I already have an infosec team on case about the old JRE :(

The documentation states that Oracle Java 1.8 is supported, so it seems I should be able to upgrade it myself, but come on, why not also keep the upstream bundled JRE current to enhance the safety of the product?

Michael

1 comment

Jeremy S Atlassian Team May 25, 2018

Hi @Michael Williamson,

Currently, we have a feature request open to update the bundled JRE within Jira:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-66241

I encourage you to vote on the feature request ticket and add yourself as a watcher to be kept informed of progress going forward. When you add yourself as a watcher, you will receive a notification whenever the bundled JRE does get updated and the version of Jira that goes along with the fix.

- Jeremy

Like Gonchik Tsymzhitov likes this

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you