• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

Unable to create JIRA issue with Cloud.

HI I am trying a rest request but it is throwing an error.

{
"fields": {
"project":
{
"key": "ABC"
},
"summary": "Hi",

"issuetype": {
"name": "Bug"
}
}
}

Authorization is API token basic

https://saurabh123.atlassian.net/rest/api/latest/issue

error is 

{ "errorMessages": [], "errors": { "summary": "Field 'summary' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown." }}

1 comment

Pavel Junek Community Leader Aug 03, 2019

Hi @saurabh,

Looks like you don't have the Summary field in the Create Screen set in your Jira project.

Please see this Atlassian Community theard - JIRA REST 5.0 - Create Issue Error

Pavel

I have done all things by setting some permissions. But My question is why JIRA trial version of cloud do not give permission to play with APIs.

NOw you know i have always getting reporter as anonymous, may be i deleted something in screen types or edit fields. Can you tell me how to fix this? I want reporter name as JIRA user but now it is coming as Anonymous if i create via API but manually it is fine..

It does give you permission to use the APIs - the only difference between a trial and paid licence is that the trial will stop letting people use it when the trial expires.  Everything else works the same, including the REST API.

The problem here is exactly what @Pavel Junek said - you do not have the summary on the create screen.  You need to put it back so that the REST call can populate it. 

Sometimes though, this can be down to authentication - can you do anything as the user you are using for REST?  A simple call to see what comes back if you just read an issue?

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you