Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Stop/Restart Jira

Seemi Anwar August 3, 2020

Hi,

I want to change my Jira URL from jita.mydomain.com:portnumber to jira.mydomain.com, So I have changed the port number in the server.xml file. After that, i have to restart the server,

But when i am trying to restart it is giving me the following error, can anyone help me?

Job for jira.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status jira.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

jira.service Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/jira; generated) Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2020-07-29 18:47:22 UTC; 7min ago Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8) Process: 19529 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/jira start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

2 comments

Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2020

You are going to need to provide us more information then that for us to have a chance at figuring out what is going on. All that is saying is that the process that tried to start jira exited with a failure code.

Try running /etc/init.d/jira start manually, and see what it says.

You can also look at the catalina.out file for errors. or the other log files.

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2020

Hey @Seemi Anwar 

Since you're using "journalctl -xe" it should show a process id, why not kill that running process of Jira and try it again?

Daniel September 1, 2021

This is the right answer. and still relevant. You'll need a kill process named "Jira". 

DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20210902095924.png 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events