Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unabe to create issue via rest api jira

Dhanraj Prabhakaran March 21, 2022

Unable to run Create Issue rest api call when there are custom screen setup for a project

we have the project XXXXX setup with custom screens and summary field is present under a specific tab. Eg. General Info.  Is that even a possible root cause for this issue or something else? also clone issue option is disabled for this project. Pls advise.

For this scenario, when i try to run create issue api call, i am getting the below response. 

URL: https://jira.XXX.com/rest/api/2/issue

Request:

{
    "fields": {
        "summary":  "test summary",
        "project": {
            "key": "XXXXX"
        },
        "issuetype": {
            "name": "Bug"
        }
    }
}
Response:
{
    "errorMessages": [],
    "errors": {
        "summary": "Field 'summary' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."
    }
}

1 comment

Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2022

@Dhanraj Prabhakaran 

Add the "Summary" field to Jira's main tab.

If you don't reference the read tab, I believe the request won't be able to read.

My recommendation would be to keep all the fields that will be sent in the creation payload, leave them in the standard Jira tab.

Dhanraj Prabhakaran March 21, 2022

Is it possible to reference the "General Info" tab with summary field in request json data?

Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2022

I don't know exactly if this is possible, what you can do is the following:

Create an issue by filling in the field in several tabs and then GET this issue.

Evaluate the payload behavior to analyze if there is a difference in fields per tab

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events