Training Jira

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2019

I would like to train some future administrator Jira, and I was wondering on what point to focus during the training?
screen, workflow, issue type, time tracking, permission, project role...
For me, according to my different roles with clients, one of the most important thing is the workflow and screen.

2 comments

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2019

Hey Mohamed,

create a good foundation with all the relationships of the schemes and basic tips to work through the most common use cases. You can expand from there anytime. But I would not recommend focussing directly from the start for future admins. And don't forget to go through the DOs and DON'Ts of administering a Jira instance! ;) 

Best, Max

Yevhen Rohovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2019

Hi,

it's a great idea)

Focusing on screen and workflow is good, but not enough for the Jira admin. In order to be a good Jira administrator, you need to know all of the above(screen, workflow, issue type, time tracking, permission, project role, groups, configuration field, etc). For the server version, you also need to understand databases and Unix system.

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2019

Hi @Yevhen Rohovets

Thank you for you reply. Good point about database and Unix, i will try to add them to my training even if i'm not an expert in those item.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events