You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
Hello Jira Community Users,
There are some situations where we need to update/rename the Jira usernames if there is a change in the external user management, migration of Jira instances where a user account is already present or used in both instances, or consolidation the multiple Jira instances into one, so in such situations it is required to update the username in either source or target Jira instance, so that migrated data is mapped to that user instead migrating it as a separate user.
There are certain things that need to be checked before updating the username.
1. Back up Data before updating the username.
2. Check User References as per the below list and note down the same
3. Update the username in the Lower/Stage instance and check all the above references which are getting updated when the username is updated from Jira UI user management settings.
4. The configs that are not getting updated by default need to update them later manually or through script or ask the user to update them manually.
5. There may be certain configuration elements that can't be updated, communicate that to the user.
These are the points that I observed while updating the username in Jira, comment if you have updated usernames in your org and how you handle the user data references, and add if I have missed anything here.