The new issue view results in notification spam

Ian_Hoerner October 2, 2018

I wanted to kick off a discussion since i'm not seeing anything about this in here. We use a notification config where assignee and reporter (and some other loophole user fields) get every notification - and watchers and others just get comments and status changes. We have found that in our support escalation process when a user creates a ticket and another user who is using the new issue view makes edits, they get separate notifications for every edit. Since there is no edit screen, one cannot bundle edits and submit them together. This seems like a major flaw in the new design - not to mention the impact to needing to edit many tickets from a filter - without edit one must open the full ticket separately from the filter in order to even edit. Does anyone have cool workarounds for any of this because it's completely stopped adoption of the new view for us.

1 comment

Comment

Syauqi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2018

Hi Ian,

I can understand that you have notification scheme in place to differentiate the type of notification being sent between Assignee/Reporter and Watcher/Mentions. 

another user who is using the new issue view makes edits, they get separate notifications for every edit.

To further understand and see if this is expected, could you elaborate on the above?

Is "another user" part of the Assignee/Reporter or the Watcher/Mention and who gets the notification of every edit, was it the editor themselves?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events