Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new Jira view - Not sure what the thinking was behind it!

Vilas Madapurmath August 30, 2018

The new Jira view seems to have caused more issues than helping.  This is completely impacting our productivity.  So unfortunate how this has been handled.

1. Lost quick access to search using jql.  Now you have to go to click "Search", hit "View all Issues" and then wait for all the issues to show up before entering your own jql
  2. The new view now shows all the fields even when there are no values in them, which provides a very busy/cluttered view and also the page takes longer to render
  3. We had done a lot of customization using the "tabs" view and logically clubbing fields for easy and efficient access.  All of this has been completely lost now.  Very Sad :(

1 comment

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2018

@Vilas Madapurmath, certainly understand the frustration. As a user of cloud myself, while I generally like the changes that are made, I too find some of the changes frustrating. FWIW here is some input from me:

1. be sure to use the feedback link within the app as it is the best way to have a voice that I have found
  2. Leverage the magnifying glass for quick access to most things.
  3. JQL - in the new Jira Issue View there is an “advanced search” link which I appreciate. Note: in the early days of the ‘new UI’ I was using the magnifying glass to enter a JQL and it sort of worked but buggy and did not provide auto-complete. I would like to see Atlassian incorporate JQL support there directly and plan to open a suggestion if not already there.
  4. Make use of browser bookmarks for things you do a lot. Not an ideal workaround but it works
  5. At least for now you can disable the new “Jira issue view” via Personal Settings > Labs toggle. This does not disable the entire not-so-new Jira UI.

hope this helps.

Like Warren likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events