The link type "is Epic of" does not return any results

Dimitris Vasileiou May 23, 2019

I have created a filter, named "My_Incremental", which returns about 30 Epics, all of which have Issues (appearing under the "Issues in Epic" section, in each Epic).

So, now I am using the query below:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("filter = 'My_Incremental'", "is Epic of")

to get all these Issues that belong to those Epics, but I get the following message:

Could not find any issue link type having either inward or outward description: is Epic of. Remove argument to search all link types. Available links are: [client ticket for, internal ticket for, blocks, is blocked by, caused, was caused by, clones, is cloned by, depends on, is depended on by, duplicates, is duplicated by, is Epic of, has Epic, needs feature, feature for, has to be finished together with, has to be done before, has to be done after, earliest end is start of, start is earliest end of, has to be started together with, is a member of, has member, refers to, is referred to by, relates to]

Is there any "trick" on how to make the "is Epic of" link to return results? Am I missing something? Note that if I use any other type of link (like "blocks") I do get results.

1 comment

Comment

Dimitris Vasileiou November 14, 2019

For whomever has the same problem: It appears that we had duplicate link types in JIRA and the only way to get rid of it is to go into the database and remove those duplicate link types, as suggested in this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/duplicate-epic-story-link-types-in-issuelinktype-table-causing-errors-in-search-using-has-epic-779158623.html

After executing the actions suggested in that page, the problem was solved and the query run successfully.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events