Testing a Chrome extension

Grant Donovan November 12, 2017

I have recently started to build a Chrome extension that aims to make navigating around Jira easier.  The simple idea is that it gets the project slug, and then from that gives you some quick links to certain areas, for example versions, projects settings or issue lists.

This works for me on Jira Cloud.  I find it really useful and think others may too.

Although it works for me, I would like to have some other people test it.  Would anyone be interested in testing it out.  It is still in development, so is probably a bit rough around the edges, but I think it works (basically means you may need to be patient if you try it).

It doesn't do anything intrusive, and is really just provides a Chrome extension popup with a list of links.

Thanks

Grant

3 comments

Charly [DEISER]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2017

Hi @Grant Donovan

I would like to test the extension. Let me know how can i do it.

Regards

Grant Donovan November 14, 2017

Hi Carlos

I was going to put this in the store on a secret link, but that is taking longer than expected.  I have zipped up the file though, see below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzsnh32sy0ryp34/jira-ninja.zip?dl=0

You will need to extract that and then load as an unpacked extension in Chrome.

You should see a Ninja icon in your toolbar.  Usually it will be disabled when the Jira domain set through options doesn't mach your domain

Before it works, you will need to set the Jira domain under options (right click on the ninja icon).  There is an email address on the main popup.

Once set, go to a Jira project and press the ninja icon again

Let me know how you get on, hopefully the small instructions make sense

Thanks

Grant

Martin Varga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2017

Hi @Grant Donovan,

what do you find hard on Jira navigation? Would you mind sending feedback through your Jira instance?

Cheers!

Grant Donovan November 21, 2017

This is in the store as a secret link now

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions?hl=en-US

If anyone is available to test

Thanks

Grant

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events