Temporary/Drafts Inbox for issues

Crabi Crabo May 13, 2020

Hi guys, 

So sometimes I have small things to do that I want to log in Jira later. Like a small bug fix or marketing Powerpoint whatever. 

But if my flow is always "add this to jira, in the good project, with all the assigne etc, and after do my things" it takes time. 

So I want just something I can just add the title, like a draft, do my things, and when it's done or when I'm in Jira mode (like doing all my Jira stuff) I can fill all the infos for the ticket. 

Actually I write on a paper or a reminder app, but we loose paper, reminder app can quickly become a mess and you forgot to add this in Jira etc. So if the Reminder is kind of a drafts in Jira, this force you to see it when you are in "Jira Mode" and so you can make this clean after. 

Hope you have the same need! 

2 comments

Comment

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2020

Hi,

Trello might be a better place for creating task drafts, and then you should be able to create Jira issues from your Trello cards.

The way Jira is set up, you won't be able to create drafts like you describe.

Like Zoi Raskou likes this
Crabi Crabo May 13, 2020

The way is set up now. But Jira will evolve and change.

Also, I use Jira. using something else to put drafts (like Trello) is not a solution, in my idea, I want to regroup everything in one place (Jira). Because if you have tasks everywhere, you forgot and loose time. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2020

This is something I'd like in Jira as well - a reminder "scratchpad" type thing.

Don't get me wrong - Jira does not have anything remotely like this, and there's a "metric shed-load" of other programs that do it.  And they do it really well.  Except that they just do "scratchpad" and all fail to get my jottings to anywhere that really matters.

So, the two tricks that get me closer than most:

Confluence:  Scribble a page, putting one scribble per line somewhere on a page.  Edit, update, rearrange etc, and when your list is looking ready to go to Jira, use drag to highlight the lines, then use "create Jira from these lines" in the popup.  Each line becomes an issue summary.

Jira: Create a scratchpad project where the only mandatory field is "summary".  When a draft in there evolves into something you realise you do want in a real project, use "move" to throw it over.  (I usually tell stand by "move is for housekeeping or restructuring", but this is a third good use for it I think.

Like LesleyTrussler likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events