Tell us about your favourite Jira Dashboard gadget

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 26, 2018

I am curious by nature (a.k.a nosey) so my favourite gadget is the 'Two dimensional filter statistics'. I have lots of these on custom dashboard looking at both the current state by assignee, customer, or status and to look at the backlog.

I find it super helpful when cleaning up the backlog. Most backlogs I have encountered seem like and insurmountable mountain however with the 'Two dimensional filter statistics' I can find the columns and rows with low numbers (or intersections) as areas to focus on for some quick wins.

What gadget helps you or do you enjoy using? 

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2018

I am very fond of the simple "filter statistics" gadget as a simple but effective way to show new users how dashboards can rapidly tell them stuff they need to know.

Once they've got the hang of them, I'm 100% with you on the 2D gadget.  It's far from perfect:

• It's not as pretty as most. 
  • I'd like to be able to configure the sort of the data points on the axes. 
  • I'd like to be able to highlight or demote results (e.g. make 0 results a bit more dull to emphasise the >0 results more, or pick out the 3 highest numbers in a more vivid colour)
  • I'd like more options on field types (not simple text, a line of 1s is pointless), such as "week from date X", "month from date X", "number range", etc.  The sort of thing I empower the 2d gadget with fields I have to build with listeners.

But the sheer simplicity of being told almost everything you need to know about two variables at a single glance makes it the most useful gadget ever.  I've convinced people Jira is a good choice based on showing them just "assignee vs status" in it.

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 26, 2018

Those tweaks would definitely help.

Another way I found "assignee vs status" useful is on team dashboards when training a group into viewing all issues as a group responsibility. It makes it easy for someone who has some time to pass before lunch or home time to help someone else out by sending a few follow up messages for issues 'with customer' etc.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events