It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

Target Start and Target End Date do not exist in JIRA

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions about Portfolio Plug in and any help will be greatly appreciated as I am very confused to use this plug in for our project or not:

1. I have successfully imported my items from excel into jira and I have created a custom filed for start date. Therefore I have start date and end date for each stories and epics. But when I create a plan with these stories and epics the start and end date does not reflect on the schedule. I have noticed that there is a filed target start and target end that dictate the timelines but the only way to modify it is within the portfolio and not from the imported items. Currently when I import anything all the start date and end date is the same as the sprint start and end date. 

Is there a way to import items with their start and end date and if there is which fields there should be map to? This is very crucial to me as I need to bulk import information form a Microsoft project plan and I should be able to identify the start and end date. 

2. How can I color epics and stories? Based on which filter? I have noticed that it is possible with a theme but we do not have theme in Jira either as a field, so is this another manual configuration to have color based schedules or can be a filed while we are importing the information?

3. Last but not least, is anyone here who transferred a Microsoft project plan into Jira Portfolio?

Kind regards, 

Narges

0 comments

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you