Switch from Linux to Microsoft Azure

Herman Esterhuizen June 3, 2018

We currently running on Linux and progressSQL but have an opportunity to rebuild our server and looking to switch over to Microsoft Azure with SQL  reason better support in the company. We currently have 6000 active Jira and 5000 active confluence-users.Switch from Linux to. Is there any users here that can give me reasons why we should not switch.

2 comments

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2018

Hmm.. Hard to say only by knowing your active user number. I think it depends on many other things that you should consider like cost, network, dependencies... JIRA and Confluence and overall all other apps should work correctly on Azure, AWS or behind the firewall infrastructure. In order to get some answers I think you should make a pilot on Azure and compare all by doing some tests.

Herman Esterhuizen June 4, 2018

Thanks for feedback

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2018

We have been using JIRA and Confluence hosted in Windows servers and have successfully migrated to Azure environment. It's been more than 8 months now. All work fine. 

We have Confluence DC and JIRA Server. User base is 43K+. 

Herman Esterhuizen June 4, 2018

Thanks for feedback you running it from windows and SQL ?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events