Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub-tasks and rolling up estimates (again) in multi module project

Łukasz Wachowicz October 31, 2017

Hello,

I have a software project composed of 3 modules handled by 3 teams of different size. Teams are specialized and have individual capacity. My customer expects us to deliver functional user stories. They don't care about integration work between teams. What matters is just business value of the user stories. I fully agree with this requirement.

User story estimation process is in my hands. I can ask representatives from all teams to give estimates for their parts. Ideally i'd like to record them in module-specific sub-task for better visibility. If i record it only on the user story level only i loose information needed for controlling, because i have different capacities in the teams.

Now, if i record estimates on sub-task level only i don't see the aggregated estimate in the agile board, because it shows estimate from the mother-user story which is not estimated.

If i put estimates on both user story and sub-tasks level, then overall estimate visible for time tracking is doubled.

Could you please give my some hints, how to organize JIRA in this case. Please keep in mind, that i have to stick to existing user stories.

Thanks, any help appreciated,

Lukasz

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events