Stories in current sprint are not moving to the top of the backlog

Dave D September 27, 2017

I recently updated Jira from version 6.2 to version 7.5. Everything is working smoothly except for when I end a sprint. In the past, we would end a sprint and it would say the remaining stories are being moved to the top of the backlog. Now it is just saying that the remaining stories will be moved to the backlog and they are scattered all over the place. It was much easier before because we could just look at the number of stories left and drag the bar to include them in the next sprint. Now we have to go through and pick and choose each one. We found a work around by creating a new sprint prior to closing the current one. 

Is there a setting somewhere that can be changed to go back to the old functionality or is this just the way it works? Is there a reasoning behind creating a new sprint before closing the current one?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2017

Hi Dave

We're using the cloud-based version (i.e. latest) and have the same issue. As you've suggested, we also create a temporary sprint to hold the unfinished items from the closed sprint.

Suggest an answer