cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam mailhandler Jira

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2019

Hello everyone,

I need to set up a mailhandler to create issue when user send email to a specific mail adress. But i need to know how can i handle spam, the mail adress will be open for everyone, let's say a bot send to this adress thousand and thousand mail, Jira will create multiple issue that have nothing to do with my project, and i can't face a database issue if itsn't big enough.

Did you face a similar challenge ? 

1 comment

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2019

@Mohamed Benziane 

Hi Mohamed

Spam handling should be done at the level of your mailserver, before jira starts processing the mails

Jira itself does not have a built in feature for that, but it might be worth looking into a 3rd party app like the Jira Enterprise Mail Handler

https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JEMH/pages/2850932/Reduce+Spam

Cheers

Kurt

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events