Simple Service Desk portal or with a lot of options?

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2018

Hello!

I work as an Atlassian consultant. Everytime I install a Jira Service Desk for a demo it comes with a lot of options and categories. But my clients always ask me for very simple Service Desk portals, as they considers the end users too computer illiterate to even know the difference between hardware and software.

Sometime even having requests and Incidents is too much because people might get confuse.

We have tried configuring some with categories but at the end of the day people stop reading after the first request...

So I was wondering, what does your portal look like? Do you have a lot of request? Do people use them?

Thanks!

1 comment

Dave Nurney June 7, 2018

Hi, we are delivering Jira service desk based business solutions for our business units and it varies depending on the budget of the department or the audience. So if the portal is to be facing external Customers then usually it needs to be themed up and graphically pleasing were for many of the internal uses it is more functionality/capability focused. Volumes vary we have examples of 500/day on one instance to 5 a day on another.

We are investigating at the moment enhancing the portal with further content either from external sources or from Jira apps.

I hope this helps.

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2018

Hi Dave! How do you theme it up? Do you use an app from the marketplace of make a special customization?

Dave Nurney June 7, 2018

Yes we do both depending upon budget and complexity. So for example we have used Ultimate theming, and tried to do somethings ourselves such as embedding a map from our GIS system on the portal as part of the issue creation. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events