Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send email notification to current user

Ingrid Boeck August 7, 2017

I need to send email notification to current user. So I defined the event with notification to current user.

The problem is, that the users have the setting set "My Changes" = "Do not notify me" and also the global setting is the same.

And this settings must stay this way, because the sending of email notification to current user is globaly not desired, only needed in one special case, for the other cases the current user should not be notified.  

Any idea for workaround? To send the email to current user only for this one special event in the special workflow?

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2017

You'll need to find or write something that can ignore their desire not to be spammed by their own changes.  (Note that the global setting is a fall-back - it's used when a user has not actively made the choice by changing their profile)

Off the top of my head, ScriptRunner, JETI, JEMH and several other add-ons allow you to write or configure functions for this.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events