Searching for help on an advanced JIRA request

Laurent November 3, 2022

Hi,

I'm trying to build an advanced JIRA request by there is something missing.

My request should be the combination of 2 requests : 

project = xxx AND issuetype = Feature

project = xxx AND issuetype = EPICS and labels ="YYY"

(for One EPICS, I have many Features)

What I want is to only extract the Feature for which the EPIC to which they are linked contain the value "YYY" in the labels FIELD)

Some thing like project = xxx AND issuetype = FEATURE and EPIC.labels contains "YYY"

Hope it's clear and you can help me.

Best Regards

2 comments

Comment

Elizabeth Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2022

Is "labels" a custom field within the issue type "Feature" or is this the label field? 

Laurent November 3, 2022

Labels is a field which is present either in FEATURE and EPIC type 

Here my request concern EPIC Type.

In the menatime, I may have found something that could work : 

project = XXX AND issuetype = Feature AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOfAll("project = XXX and issuetype =EPIC and labels = YYY")

After having additionnal look on documentation, I found linkedIssueOfAll () request that seems to be used as a link betwwen 2 requests.

Do you think it could be the right solution ?

Like # people like this
Elizabeth Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2022

Looks good!

Nick November 3, 2022

An EPIC is a type of ISSUE.

I think what you want is to add matching labels on the epics and features.

You could also write your query to include all epics but only the features that include the label.

Laurent November 3, 2022

I do not want to use the labels field of the feature which is used for another purpose.

As replied abiove, I may have found a solution but the LinkedIssueOfAll () request is totally new for me. I hope i use it correcly.

Thank all for your help

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events