Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

SSO Implementation - Azure <> Jira Service Management Cloud

Edited

Hoping that some of you have found a solution for an issue I am encountering.

Using Atlassian Cloud SSO subscription

Using Azure P1 Premium

Implemented Automated Provisioning in Azure AD

using Jira Service Management Cloud with Atlassian Connect

Document References I used: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/saas-apps/atlassian-cloud-tutorial#configure-azure-ad-sso

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/saas-apps/atlassian-cloud-provisioning-tutorial

During testing, my starting point is the customers portal

image.png

The user experience here is not transparent. After typing the email address I am redirected and required to make choices that will confuse users:

image.png

After clicking on Login with single sign-on, the customer is redirected to another Atlassian page. 

image.png

The email is prefilled tempting the user to just click on Continue. However, doing so will ask for the password and generate an error. This will be a problem....

image.png

image.png

It immediately tells the user of a problem. Here the customer should've chosen Continue with Microsoft  but this is not the behavior I am expecting with an SSO. It will require a lot of user education for a process that should be seamless.

image.png

If the customer then clicks on Continue with Microsoft, it will work but these steps are not desired. I would assume that at the first step the customer would already be redirected to login with microsoft:

image.png

What am I missing here?

0 comments

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you