SQL Server database sizing for Jira

Jayaraman Thangali March 26, 2020

any one have a correct database sizing for the Jira application, what should be the sizing. Cannot find anything on the vendors site. It is surprising me as I am not so good at application. Being a Infrastructure Architect, just need to know what is the sizing for the database for a small set of user community. say around 25 users accessing the JIRA. 

1 comment

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2020

Hi Jayaraman,

welcome to Atlassian community!

While I am not aware of a document for database storage sizing here some general hints.
If I got you right you calculated with 25 users in your example.

Assuming that there will not be many issues at the beginning - not more than ~1 GB should be needed for the very first start.

Keeping an eye on the filesystems is needed, though - as attachments, logs, avatars and temporary files need their space as well (but that's not the database which is affected).

So overall the storage should be dimensioned well (please also have a look at the sizing guide) but it heavily depends on your use case and user behaviour.

Cheers,
Daniel

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events