SMS Notification JIRA Listener

GG September 19, 2020

Hi,

Is there any SMS listener sample for JIRA. I have the API of the SMS sending software and I have an API to get the phonebook of requester's Mobile Number. I want to send a SMS to the requester via Listener. Is there any sample to do this? 

Regards

GG

1 comment

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2020

Hi GG,

when you mention a listener is there any App you are using for your implementation? Although there is no out-of-the-box solution the high level plan would be a listener that waits until a specific event (probably issue created, issue commented, issue updated and so on) comes along the way and then triggers some kind of action.

Also possible would be a workflow post function hooked to some kind of API of the SMS solution.

In similar questions here in Community several Apps were mentioned, here is a thread some years back in history.

In case you could provide a few more examples on the use case and what was achieved until now an experienced member of the Community is more likely able to catch up on this.

Cheers,
Daniel

GG November 22, 2020

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply.

I want to send an SMS to the Reporter according to the following scenario:
When the request is "waiting for information", I will post the following web service to the SMS sending software.

{"SmsText": "hi", "Receivers": "97812xxxxxxx, 97812xxxxxxxx,…",

"SenderId": "22000", IsUnicode: true, IsFlash: false, UDH: "" "CheckId": "",}

The problem is that in the web service of the SMS sender software, the mobile number is received as a number in Jason format, while this number changes dynamically according to the reporter. How can I send the mobile number field from reporter's profile in Jason format?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events