[SIMPLIFY JIRA] Should we make JQL auto-complete always on in Jira Cloud?

Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2020

Hi everyone,

I am a Product Manager in Jira Cloud team. We are continuously looking into opportunities to simplify things in Jira. Today we are looking at Jira settings, specifically:

JIRA SETTINGS -> SYSTEM -> GENERAL CONFIGURATION.

In there we have a setting to toggle JQL auto-complete. This is ON by default for all Jira users, and we were wondering if any of our users ever disabled this setting and why?

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 2.10.56 pm.png

We are considering if it would make things simpler if we made this setting non-configurable and set it as always on for everyone.

So the floor is yours, please let me know if you ever toggled JQL auto-complete and why? Did you even know you could do this?

Thank you,

Yerbol.

2 comments

Comment

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020

Hi @Yerbol Nisanbayev 

Me and our jira users don't disable this. Auto complete help is always appreciated even if we know the query by heart :) 

Like # people like this
Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2020

Hi @Fazila Ashraf ,

Thank you for chipping in! That makes total sense.

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2020

@Yerbol Nisanbayev - I would personally like to see it as a profile option with a system default -   "power to the people!" :-)

Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
November 26, 2020

@LarryBrock , that's an interesting angle. Just as we did with the new issue view. Thank you for your input! :) 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events