Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run SQL queries from the UI

Madhu Reddy June 1, 2021

I have SQL queries with me and I am able to get the results from the back end by logging into the database.

Is there any way to run SQL query from the UI. 

Even the addon Helps. Please Advise.

Thanks in Advance

Madhu

1 comment

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

Bear in mind that this is a horrible thing to do with a Jira database - it's not intended for reporting and even the most simple of questions result in horrid SQL and results you probably won't really understand, and often stuff that will degrade performance.

Jonny Polivka July 22, 2021

What would be a better solution for pulling data from the db for reports?    Should the db be mirrored and run the queries on that copy?

(Not a DBA so apologies in advance.  Just starting to learn.)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 22, 2021

No, that's almost as horrid, it just prevents you crippling the performance of the Jira server (but also can lead to mismatched/inconsistent reports)

Use the built-in reports, the REST API or apps designed for reporting, please, just forget the database.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events