cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository For Acceptance Criteria

Marianne Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2019

Has anyone in the community explored using any of the Atlassian tools to manage a repository (or something similar) of standard Acceptance Criteria elements?

I'm the Scrum Master on a team currently using Jira and Confluence and I'd like to help them develop a standard set of criteria for certain types of work that we use consistently. 

For example: anything that we are building to integrate with other systems will always need to meet some basic criteria as a starting point.

Similarly, reports will usually have to meet the same criteria, so rather than reinvent the wheel, if we had a standard set that we started with (not limited to) that we could pull in, I think it would go a long way toward consistency and quality across requests, and over a short time, provide a much more thorough set.

In my world, we'd be able to cross-reference many types of work with standard or previous criteria and ensure that we aren't overlooking anything.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but it seems like these tools could really help build a mini database or repository that could save a lot of time reinventing the wheel every iteration.  Just curious if anyone else has ever approached it this way or found a way to captialie of the tools we are already using.

TIA,

Marianne Miller

1 comment

Comment

Erica Banasihan _IRRI_ April 11, 2022

Hi, @Marianne Miller,

Greetings! Is there any news on this? Are you and your team already using a Jira Acceptance Criteria repository or plugin? I'm thinking the same thing for our team.

TIA,

Erica

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events