Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports in confluence or JIRA which is based on date using JQL?

Envitia December 13, 2017

Hi,

We would like to set up a quarterly report in Confluence or JIRA, which will allow us to do the following:

1. Create a list of existing issues in a projects - easy

2. Sort them by last modified date - easy

3. Send out a report every quarter to a user - not sure how confluence would do a scheduled report job/email?

4. Highlight any issues which haven't been updated for over 8 months

Ideally we'd like to do this without plugins wherever possible. If we cannot get confluence/JIRA to generate a quarterly report and send it out, it would be OK to have it in Confluence for example, but compare "last modified date" with "today's date", and if that is more than 8 months, then it gets highlighted somehow...

2 answers

0 votes
Envitia December 13, 2017

Tyler,

Thank you very much. The first two should be covered by using a JQL query with ORDER BY and using that in a confluence macro to generate the report. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if the scheduling job you referenced in your link (which I did have a look at prior to posting) will do the job (no pun intended!). But I will look into it in further detail! It's not a deal breaker as we can request the person to check that site every quarter, at which point it won't be too bad.

The latter part of your response is spot on! I'll include that in the JQL query such that the report generates that based on the day comparison.

Thank you very much for your effort in responding to that.

0 votes
Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2017

Hey Kal,

#3: Here is an article around setting up scheduled Confluence: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/scheduled-jobs-96567525.html?_ga=2.58316450.921641210.1513083263-2007992117.1503344444 (references daily reports but may be useful)

#4 You can use this JQL: updated <= startOfDay(-240d) to see what issues have not been updated for 8 months from the current day.

Since you listed #s 1 and 2 as easy I assume you already have solutions for them?  If not would be happy to help with those as well.

Hope this helps,

Tyler

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events