Reports in Jira

Madhu mullangi August 26, 2020

We have few URL fields in Jira. We want to have them in Excel or any other report like Ticket number must be in Y axis and the All the URL fields as columns.

If the URL field is empty then it should give NO and if the field have value in it then report must be filled with YES... No worries even if it gives different notation other than Yes or NO.

Attached screen shot named Excel Yes NO for your reference.

And after that when i click on issue I should see the following Screenshot named "Issue URL details".

We have both Jira & Confluence linked. We are happy to have confluence reports for this or any JIRA addon is fine for us.

Please help us in this regard.

Thanks

MadhuExcel with YES NO.pngIssue URL Details .png

3 comments

Comment

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2020

so... you have a bunch of custom fields like BRS_URL, AN1000_URL... and so on.

Would it do anything for you if you had to run a JQL to retrieve the issues you want, visualize only those URL custom fields and manually export that as a CSV. 

You could then open that in excel no problem and play around with the format.

To automate this process you could maybe use automation for jira and use a CRON expression to define when are you going to:

• run your JQL
  • send an email with the results using a pregenerated template (you could build your CSV in the body of the email so you could then copy/paste in a new file and then open it with excel)

This might not be the exact solution you're looking for but I hope it can get you going while you find a more permanent solution :)

I know there are a ton of Jira plugins that allow you to export different things with different formats but I don't know the specifics, you'll have to research those or wait for someone who has actually used one of those and can elaborate on it. Best of luck.

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 26, 2020

Hi @Madhu mullangi ,

It would need customization work but it looks possible with Better Excel Exporter.
As Iago said, you would need to run a JQL first that would collect the list of issues  in Issue Navigator that you want to export. Since you need conditional formatting and a custom layout in your output Excel, you would need to modify the template that is used for exporting.

You can find pointers on how to do it in the documentation.

If you need help, feel free to open a ticket, as we are happy to assist with your requirement.

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a supported and paid app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

Like Iago Docando likes this
Madhu mullangi August 26, 2020

Hi @Iago Docando @Levente Szabo _Midori_  Thanks for your inputs.

I am aware of Better Excel Exporter. Without better excel exporter we will not have such export options in Automation for Jira.

I am not sure that will Better Excel Exporter provides an option to get YES or NO values in the excel.

Using Better Excel exporter we can schedule a report on a timely basis where the files gets added in the Particular location.

Instead of that is there any option to add Report in a dashboard where the report refresh regularly, So we can see the only report we want.

This are just my thoughts, Please let me know your points.

Once again thanks for spending your valuable time here.

Regards

Madhu

Like Iago Docando likes this
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2020

I'll leave it to @Levente Szabo _Midori_  at this point, since he's one of the developers of the app you're using and I haven't tried it myself.

Just know that I took a quick glance at the documentation he pointed out and it seems you have everything you need to get your custom excel. The dashboard object approach... I'm not so sure.

I hope everything works out for you :)

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 27, 2020

The Yes, No values is the smaller challenge here. I'm not a developer, but I think that can be solved even without scripting, with an in IF statement.

What's more challenging is how to display the individual issues on separate worksheets. I believe creating worksheets dynamically is not possible, but if you are interested please open a ticket, so one of the support engineers can give you a definitive answer or an alternative solution. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events