It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

Read-Only Account for Auditors in JIRA

Hi Guys, 

I have a situation in my organization that My Audit team wants to have a read-only user account which can only view Workflows, Permissions, Users in Roles etc. Is there any way we have a read-only user account in JIRA. 

I am running JIRA Software Version 7.2.4.

Thanks

1 comment

Yes.

Create a new account.  Make sure it is NOT in any group (or role) that grants access other than "browse" in your permission schemes.  Make sure it is added to a role that allows browse access in all your projects.

Hi Nic, First I would like to thanks for responding. Can that user be able to see "Users in all Roles" in each Project, Secondly, will he be able to see "Permission Schemes of all Projects" like which Role has what permissions? 

No, you need project admin rights to see people in the settings.

I think we should clarify what your "auditors" want.  Are they interested in your issues and working data, or your set up and usage of the systems? (Or both)

No. They are not interested in the working data. They are interested "who have got what permissions" , What the global permissions are? , Who are added in What Roles and What Permission that Role has in each Project? , What is the workflow of a Project ? , Audit logs etc.

Ah.  Ok.

You need administrative access to see that information.  Admin access gives them write access to it as well, so it's not something I would recommend.  I would look at getting a precise list of exactly what they want and then getting a real admin to work it out for them (and cross-charging them for the work of course)

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you