Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read-Only Account for Auditors in JIRA

Abid Raza March 6, 2018

Hi Guys, 

I have a situation in my organization that My Audit team wants to have a read-only user account which can only view Workflows, Permissions, Users in Roles etc. Is there any way we have a read-only user account in JIRA. 

I am running JIRA Software Version 7.2.4.

Thanks

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2018

Yes.

Create a new account.  Make sure it is NOT in any group (or role) that grants access other than "browse" in your permission schemes.  Make sure it is added to a role that allows browse access in all your projects.

Abid Raza March 6, 2018

Hi Nic, First I would like to thanks for responding. Can that user be able to see "Users in all Roles" in each Project, Secondly, will he be able to see "Permission Schemes of all Projects" like which Role has what permissions? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2018

No, you need project admin rights to see people in the settings.

I think we should clarify what your "auditors" want.  Are they interested in your issues and working data, or your set up and usage of the systems? (Or both)

Abid Raza March 14, 2018

No. They are not interested in the working data. They are interested "who have got what permissions" , What the global permissions are? , Who are added in What Roles and What Permission that Role has in each Project? , What is the workflow of a Project ? , Audit logs etc.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2018

Ah.  Ok.

You need administrative access to see that information.  Admin access gives them write access to it as well, so it's not something I would recommend.  I would look at getting a precise list of exactly what they want and then getting a real admin to work it out for them (and cross-charging them for the work of course)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events