Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-open closed issue via email? (JIRA 3.13)

David Thompson May 31, 2019

We are running on 3.13 of JIRA and need to see if it is possible to re-open an issue if an emailed comment is received?

We've had external rep's send an email to a closed ticket and while it does create a comment it leaves the issue in a closed state.  We would like JIRA to re-open the issue IF a comment is added via email.

Is this possible?  

1 comment

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2019

Hi! 

I would it is possible by writting a listener to reopen issue where where commented. 

But for the Jira 3.13 I can't help, because a lot of things were changed between Jira 8 and Jira 3

@Gonchik Tsymzhitov I did see where I could write a listener but it states I would need the JIRA toolkit plugin which I cannot locate for 3.13?

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2019

@Gonchik Tsymzhitov Thank you for the response however the link to download the toolkit is dead for v0.7.30 which is compatible with 3.13.

Any other way to obtain the toolkit?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events