Project Board Disappearing after adding workflows by issue type

tony.tan@scf-global.com May 27, 2018

i am a novel user of Jira and tried creating a project with three issue types (Enhancement, Service Request and Support) applied to it. The project board is shown when I tried to create an issue.

Additional requirement for the project is three workflows by issue type with auto assignee required. Existing workflow was copied and three workflows were created with auto assignee and added onto the workflow scheme with respective issue type assigned in this project. 

After all these actions, I try to access to the project and realised the project board disappeared. 

Can anyone help advise, if there any steps I have missed in action that caused the project board not appearing?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

4 comments

Comment

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2018

tony.tan@scf-global.comAre you saying  that  the entire board disappears?  or issues in this  project are not appearing  on board ?

Is the entire board disappears.

Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 8.53.17 AM.png

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2018

tony.tan@scf-global.comIt says clearly  that  project is not   configured to  use board,   you are to  go to  board configuration( you should have the board ad-min permission) the setting all columns the  way  you want it, all issues  will  be taking from all statuses in work-flow. So  configure  board first then  it should  work fine!

Best!

Before I create and add three workflows, by issue type with auto assignee. The project board is accessible as follow:

Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 1.56.28 PM.png

The project board disappears after the three workflows have added into the workflow scheme with respective issue type assigned and project type remained unchanged as "Business".

Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 8.55.58 AM.png

Any steps I should take before adding the three workflows to prevent the project board disappears? Search through all project board and I can't find any project board related to the  specific project - issue tracker.

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2018

tony.tan@scf-global.comTry to to create  a new board and see whether or not you  can  configure it.

tony.tan@scf-global.com May 29, 2018

Thanks for the advise. Managed to create and configured the new board to the project. 

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 29, 2018

tony.tan@scf-global.complease accept solution/vote so  that others  could use help to  fix their issues

Best!

tony.tan@scf-global.com May 29, 2018

Issue resolved. Cheers!

Chris Hohl June 13, 2018

I'm having the same issue. I had created a new Project, and within that project I had selected a generic board to use. I then edited the workflow and after publishing I am getting the same dialog as you saying "Hm...don't see your work here?" I'm not seeing anything within the 'Configuration' of the Board to fix this. I also tried creating a new workflow completely from scratch and integrating it into the Project going through workflow settings, still having the same issue. I do have full admin right too...

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2018

@Chris HohlTry to to create  a new board and see whether or not you  can  configure it.

Chris Hohl June 13, 2018

@Moses ThomasHonestly not seeing an option for creating a board... other than creating a Project or an Issue this is what I have for project settings.

Options.PNG

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2018

@Chris HohlYou have every thing here Boards

Cheers!

tony.tan@scf-global.com June 13, 2018

@Chris Hohl For project board creation, you might want to refer to this link. https://www.atlassian.com/agile/tutorials/creating-your-agile-board

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events