Possible ways to setup Jira to match ScrumBan

Deleted user May 22, 2023

Hello,

I am new here in terms of posting but i have been using Jira for few years now and have tried different approaches to use it based on business model and SDLC followed, one thing i started to find interesting is what is called ScrumBan which is trying to get the best of the two theories.

i found the below way to implement ScrumBan in Jira useful and thought to share it here and get your insights and feedback about it.

1- have kanban board created for each team/squad 

2- follow the structure of Epic/Stories, Tasks/ Subtasks

3- have the Team field enabled in the issue screen and create different teams depends on your engineering team structure 

4- have enterprise subscription so you can use Advanced Roadmap in Jira

5- have the releases in advanced roadmap being configured to the duration you need (weekly, bi-weekly, or neither because you can just enter amount of hours you want to allocate for this release)

6- in the beginning of the week, you pick the tickets that the team should work on and move them from Backlog 2 To Do

7- navigate to advanced roadmap (assuming you created and configured a plan for the kanban board you are working) and in view settings select group by Team 

8- have the correct team value assigned to the relevant ticket

9- assign to these ticket the following (start/due date , estimation) 

while you are doing step 9, you will be able to see the bar on right side filling up the capacity you specified in step 5

10- once work starts, the team should be logging time regularly and from roadmap view you can see the progress and spot potential deviations

hope you find the above useful and looking forward for any feedback or suggestion to improve.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events