One Project, Multiple UNIQUE Boards

Hopefully a simple , non 'rocket science' question :-)

I have a single project with its own backlog of issues. I need to create, what I would call, queues.

Lets say these Qs are called 1, 2 and 3 for simplicity and each one has a number of statuses that an issue will move through.

I will assign an issue to one of these Qs and I want the lifecycle of that issue to then continue and be governed within the Q.

What is happening now, is that I have 3 Boards. As I assign an issue to one of these Boards, it also appears in the other 2. I thought Boards are UNIQUE entities however as I discovered they are nothing more than a mapping.

>> Someone told me that I need to create 3 Workflows to solve the problem however I don't seem to see any relationship between a Workflow and a Board so how will a workflow solve my problem ?

>> Also, I've been reading that a FILTER might solve my problem. That is cool however when I add a new issue to the Backlog there is no issue queue data item that I can set so that the issue will appear in the required Board.

Any ideas / suggestions / solutions anyone can help with ?

Many thanks in advance

1 comment

If you want to create multiple UNIQUE boards for a single project, then Categorize your issues based on the components or labels etc. Create your own unique filters as you want using the components/labels and you can use the respective filter in the boards. 

Note: Make sure the issue should have only one component/label to avoid appearing in other boards.

Comment

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

113 views 1 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you