You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I got an error recently on a custom plugin due to an update of another plugin taken from the marketplace that the first one depends on.
The problem was that Jira continued to give me the same error although I fixed it in the new version that I updated through the Manage add-on page. I was lucky because the error was referring to the constructor of a particular class that I modified, so it was quite clear. What it is not clear, is why it didn't load the new class. I tried to disable/renable, unistall/reinstall, stop/restart Jira and also reindexing it, but nothing works.
I suspect that this is due to OSGi, but I'm not so familiar with it, so I'm here to ask to the community some enlightment!
Well, at the end I find a way to solve it, and this is why this post is a discussion and not a question, so here it is:
This is the steps that let Jira load only the new class:
By the way, if you are developing some plugin in Jira remember to do it because you can see no progress because of this!