cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSGi doesn't load new version

Luca Andreatta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2019

Hi all,

I got an error recently on a custom plugin due to an update of another plugin taken from the marketplace that the first one depends on.

The problem was that Jira continued to give me the same error although I fixed it in the new version that I updated through the Manage add-on page. I was lucky because the error was referring to the constructor of a particular class that I modified, so it was quite clear. What it is not clear, is why it didn't load the new class. I tried to disable/renable, unistall/reinstall, stop/restart Jira and also reindexing it, but nothing works.

I suspect that this is due to OSGi, but I'm not so familiar with it, so I'm here to ask to the community some enlightment!

Well, at the end I find a way to solve it, and this is why this post is a discussion and not a question, so here it is:

SOLUTION

This is the steps that let Jira load only the new class:

1. Uninstall the plugin
  2. Stop Jira
  3. delete all previous version of the plugin (e.g. atlassian-jira/temp/plugin_RANDOM_NUMBERS_PLUGIN_NAME-PLUGIN_VERSION.jar)
  4. Start Jira
  5. Install plugin
  6. Reindex all

By the way, if you are developing some plugin in Jira remember to do it because you can see no progress because of this!

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events