ORACLE DB Setup during JIRA Installation

Navadeep M June 12, 2017

Hi,

We are performing JIRA upgrade from 6.3.12 to latest version. Ours is a standalone server.

So, before upgrade I am installing same version of JIRA on another VM Server. 

I have executed the bin file(atlassian-jira-6.3.12-x64.bin) in the new VM machine.

Accessed JIRA using http:<hostname of machine>:8080

Our DBA created a user and password in ORACLE database as well.

I have provided necessary information properly below.

I am getting below error:

Error connecting to database

Listener refused the connection with the following error: ORA-12514, TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor

Does the "dbconfig.xml" file need to be created by myself or it will be created once the below setup is done.

DB Conn.JPG

Thanks,

Nav

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2017

The dbconfig.xml file will be created by the installer.  But you need to get the connection settings right in order for it to continue.

Navadeep M June 12, 2017

I have done the installation properly, but dbconfig.xml file was not created. I am not sure why.

Below are the steps I followed.

1. Downloaded atlassian-jira-6.3.12-x64.bin file from archives using wget command

2. chmod a+x atlassian-jira-6.3.12-x64.bin

3. Chose Custom Installation and port settings were done properly.

Thanks,

Nav

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2017

It's not the installation of JIRA that is wrong, it's that it cannot connect to your database.  Check the settings for that, and read up on what "Listener refused the connection with the following error: ORA-12514, TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor" means.  The usual problem is your tnsnames.ora is incorrect.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events