Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification for a project creation

Jeremie Benichou January 16, 2019

Hello 

Is it possible in JIRA to notify by email or others when on new project has been created.

Thanks

Regards

2 comments

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2019

Hi @Jeremie Benichou

No it is not.

Notification are based on issue events mostly and there is no event to tie the notification for project creation to.

If you would like this, you could consider raising a feature request for the above with Atlassian https://jira.atlassian.com do check if there are existing feature requests for this first to see if they gave a reason why it has not been implemented.

• As projects can only be created by JIRA Administrators, there should be no need for a notification and if you require a workaround, you can setup a project for JIRA Admins where requests can be raised. When a request such as project creation has been completed and the admin transitions the issue, a notification can be fired to notify the relevant people who are watchers or reporters for such requests.
Jeremie Benichou January 16, 2019

@Ismael Jimoh Thanks you for your answer.

Then your comments, I wonder if its possible to create a notification based on a workflow.

Actually we have created different workflow tying by the project type, and I would like to be notifies when a ticket has moved to a particular step of the workflow.

Would you mind please to help me about it ?

Many thanks

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2019

Hi @Jeremie Benichou

If you want an email notification when a ticket gets to a specific step then you would need to:

1. Create a custom event.
  2. Add all users that you would like to be notified to the event in the notification scheme used by the project.
  3. Replace the Fire Generic Event in the workflow step's post function with your own event instead.
  4. Save your changes.

Now when your issue transitions to the status, the generic event is triggered and those associated with the event would be notified.

I hope this helps and should you require any clarification, do let me know.

Emer McArthur January 17, 2019

Could you use automation for this? A rule such as the following - 

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 10.58.49.png

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2019

It would depend on if the Automation rule supports a project creation event.

If yes we can get or recognise a project creation event then yes we can use it. As for the event definitely you can use the add-on(e.g workflow status change).

Check the available options under: When This Happens

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events