Not able to configure Gmail with Jira

Radhika Muppala January 12, 2021

We are unable to configure Gmail in the Incoming mail handler.
Getting error when I'm using pop or IMAP please help

Test Run Result:
com.sun.mail.util.MailConnectException: Couldn't connect to host, port: pop.gmail.com, 110; timeout 10000; Using SOCKS host, port: edge-outboundproxy01-prd-apse1.net.atlassian.com, 1080 while connecting to host 'pop.gmail.com' as user 'radhikamuppal95@gmail.com' via protocol 'pop3, caused by: java.net.SocketException: SOCKS: TTL expired

2 comments

Comment

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2021

Hi @Radhika Muppala 

You will need to use an App password with gmail for Basic Authentication. I believe this should be deprecated soon in favour of OAuth. However basic auth still works with an App password.

priya chaudhary April 27, 2022

I have the same issue, tried app password as well but this didn't work, I'm getting the same error.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2021

Hi @Radhika Muppala

assuming you are using Jira Cloud (please confirm if it should not be the case despite the error message strongly suggests you are using a Cloud plan) did you follow this guide in specific for the setup?

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/create-issues-and-comments-from-email/

The details deal with configuration for OAuth 2.0 there.

Let us know what you have found out.

Regards,
Daniel

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events