Not Able to create ticket

Prashant Dixit February 13, 2019

You will not be able to create new issues because the user limit for your JIRA instance has been exceeded

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2019

This happens when you have too many users able to use the system.

Your administrators need to disable some users, remove users from the login group(s) or get a new licence for the next tier of users up.

I have 250 users license and only 145 are in use. there is an internal user which creates issues using tool and today it's not able to create issue: Warning: 

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: {"errorMessages":["You will not be able to create new issues because the user limit for your JIRA instance has been exceeded, please contact your JIRA administrators."],"errors":{}}
at com.hcentive.wem.notification.eventNotification.processors.JIRANotificationProcessor.execute(JIRANotificationProcessor.java:49) ~[eventNotification-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:na]
at com.hcentive.wem.notification.eventNotification.processors.EventProcessor.processSyncNotifications(EventProcessor.java:90) ~[eventNotification-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:na]
... 43 common frames omitted

I am an administrator of my JIRA, let me know what should I do?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2019

What makes you think you only have 145 in use?  This message only gets thrown when you have exceeded your licence.

But I am able to create issues in any project using different user name , if the problem is of the license then no user should be able to create issue in any of the project.

JIRA.png

See this

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 13, 2019

>But I am able to create issues in any project using different user name...

We needed to know that when you asked the question.

You are going to need to read the application log to find out what the underlying error is, but as an experiment that should tell us a LOT more, could you pick a single project and create an issue as a user who can, then do exactly the same with the user who can not?  That should put some interesting data in the log!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events