New JIRA issue view

Steve Rakebrandt March 17, 2021

Hi all.

I've tested the new JIRA issue view and must say, not mine. It confuses me totally and seems to reduce my productivity with JIRA. Is there any possibility to use the current/old one still in the future? I mean, I cannot believe that this should be the only view for millions of users! Why are you enforcing them to use that view only??

Best

Steve

1 comment

Comment

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2021

Hi @Steve Rakebrandt ,

Unfortunately the "new" issue view will become the only issue view from 31/03/2021.

Currently you can still choose to use the old one but from April on that will no longer be possible.

Do keep in mind it is not yet in it's final version and there is an issue ongoing to continue refining it. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70555

It does take some getting used to indeed but how it it different to have the old view for milions of users compared to the new one for milions of users?

Do you have specific worries/issues that aren't being worked on at the moment?

Steve Rakebrandt March 17, 2021

"to continue refining" -> this sounds good. I have no technical issues with this view, it's just about usability. Maybe a feature request? Custom views...

Anyway, thanks so far. Let's see what the time brings. Maybe it's Tampermonkey time to kick in...^^

Best wishes

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2021

I agree it does take some getting used to but seeing where we started and where we are right now, they have already made a lot of tweaks/changes and sometimes improvements :D

Like Steve Rakebrandt likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events