• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

New Feature versus Story

Team I am supporting is using New Feature > Story as their hierarchy to deliver on work. They are gross-estimating for purpose of PO prioritization at Feature level and then teams breakdown Features into Stories; and estimate on actual work. 

**What is considered features in this case IS NOT really features - they used it "simply because".**

Since estimates are at both Feature & Story level, the story points are a summation however really the Feature shouldn't have any story points. I am concerned that the various Reports are representing incorrectly. I also find it difficult to visualize the parent>child relationships since Jira doesn't view it that way. Can use some sound boarding on this approach.  What does everyone else do? 

1 comment

Hi Simran,

I would consider changing either the New Feature to an Epic, or the stories to subtasks. This should help you with the parent child visualization and give your tasks a more natural progression through your process. 

Hope this helps,
Regan

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you