Missing story points field

Krista M August 16, 2021

I am the admin and only user on a free-tier Jira project. I can't see the story points field on my tasks. I checked the "Configure fields" cog, and story points is included in the list of fields and is not hidden when empty. Are there other things to check?

3 comments

Comment

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2021

Hey @Krista M 

There is the field context you might want to check. 

I ran into a similar issue yesterday on my instance and the field context for story points is locked down to Epic & Story.

Maybe check there? 

Hope that helps! 

-Brittany

Krista M August 16, 2021

I’m not sure where this is. I’ve checked in the Issue type screen and the View Field Configuration, and the field is listed. 

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2021

Hey @Krista M 

@KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH  provided the steps below to get to the 'Story Points' configuration context. Let us know if that helps! 

Thanks,
Brittany

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2021

Hello @Krista M ,

1.  Go to Project -> project settings -> screens --> 

check associated issue screens for particular issue type , "story points" field is there are not. if not please add it on required screens.

2. go to field configuration scheme of the project --> 

check the field configuration applied for required issue type,  if it  hidden, it may not visible on the screens.

3. Issues --> custom fields --> "Story Points" --> configuration

check for issues types and projects , if your current issue type and projects not there please add them.

Thanks & Regards,

Anvesh Kagithala

Krista M August 23, 2021

Thanks for taking the time to list possibilities. I see story points on the epics, but not tasks which is where I actually need them. 

I've checked these all: 

1. Story points is on the list in the schemes that are used by all of the tickets.

2. Story points is actually listed as required for all task types even though the only time I've only been forced to fill in the field is on epics. 

3. Story points are there, and the schemes used by the tasks are all listed.

Any other suggestions would be helpful, but I'm assuming this is a bug somewhere???

Krista M August 31, 2021

Anyone else know a way to resolve this? I am pretty much stuck without story points because of this, which makes JIRA just a to-do list instead of a project management tool. 

Varun Joseph Allu November 1, 2021

Which Jira version you are using ?
I am facing the similar issue

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events