Migrate requirements from DOORS to jira

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2020

What is the best way to migrate requirements from DOORS to jira?

Is there any possibility to import reqif files?

If not, has anyone tried using any other approach?

2 comments

Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2020

Hi @Deepanshu Natani 

If you are able to export issues into .csv format, you will be able to import it into Jira via CSV Import :

Importing data from CSV 

I also found this app which you may want to explore:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215185/sync-ibm-rational-doors-with-atlassian?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Like Deepanshu Natani likes this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2020

Hi @Adrian Stephen 

Thanks for the pointers.

When it comes to data in DOORS, it is not possible to export entire data in form of CSV files.

I wanted to know if someone in the community has actually migrated the data from DOORS to Jira and what was the experience + strategy.

Like Adrian Stephen likes this
Matt Sassu August 17, 2020

My company is looking into this also.

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2020

Hi @Matt Sassu ,

Unfortunately there is no direct mechanism to migrate requirements from Doors to Jira.

You only have the CSV export import mechanism.

However, you can probably look at marketplace addon RMsis since it has its own API's apart from CSV import functionality.

Billy Christie November 23, 2023

I'm desperate to move requirements the other way. I had R4J inflicted on me by my current project and I need to undo that nightmarish decision. Does anybody know a reliable and feasible method to rescue requirements from R4J and bring them back into DOORS?

R4J export to CSV is a mess, otherwise I could have just used that.

It introduces spurious extra rows, merges columns, etc.

Bernhard Doleschel _Ease Solutions_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2023

Hello @Billy Christie ,

I´m Bernhard from Ease Solutions, the vendor of R4J - Requirements Management for Jira.

We would like to understand your limitations with R4J and what DOORS can do better for you. Can I ask you to contact us via our friendly service desk team

Best Regards,
Bernhard from Ease Solutions

Billy Christie November 24, 2023

To be honest, I'm so fed up with R4J and it's lack of basic features (e.g. find-replace) and unpredictable features (e.g. filtering... try filtering for # marks. There is nothing I've found in the documentation which says that doesn't work... it just doesn't work.)

The layouts on screen aren't particularly readable... I just can't use this tool to get my work done fast enough.

So, yes, I can contac the service desk, but I don't have the time or patience left to bounce around to find a solution that might sort of work, but ends up being a work-around that I shouldn't need in the first place.

Billy Christie November 24, 2023

What can DOORS do better for me?

Predictable filtering, find-replace, scripting, useful sorting, ease of use, traceability (honestly... don't get me started on R4J tracing... it's so unusable I gave up).

I just want to get all the work already done out of R4J and into DOORS and never see R4J again.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events