Long delay in processing incoming email

Madhu Reddy March 17, 2020

We have noticed emails were siting in the inbox for more than 10 minutes before it was added to JIRA.

We usually get one email for every 2 mins to our mail box. What is the root cause for the delay and anyone please suggest resolution for this issue. 

We are using Email this Issue mail handler. We also use Email this Mail handler for other projects but only facing issue wit one project which gets more emails. 

Thanks in Advance

2 comments

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2020

Hi Madhu,

first of all I'd check on mail server end if the delay is originating there. Supposed it is an IMAP or POP3 server (maybe even MS Exchange or Gmail) it should be easy to log in and have a look when a test mail, which you could send with your mailclient, is received there.

If the mail server is not the culprit I'd follow the following debug measured - step by step.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/troubleshooting-issue-creation-via-email-696386703.html

As soon as it turns out that this was also not the source of any delays I'd take a further look on Apps.

Cheers,
Daniel

Sergey Kaurov October 21, 2020

@Madhu Reddy any progress?
I have absolutely same issue recieving mail every 1-2 min, using Email This Issue plugin and getting 10+ delay in processing it

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events