Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log status changes in Jira Administration Area?

Holger Dietl January 11, 2018

Hi guys,

i have some projects and different integrated workflows.

Many workflows ends with the status done (by Name and category)

In my christmas vacation, anybody is changing the Mainstatus "done" into an status "in progress" in the Administration Area and all my Workflows will be updated by this status.

Now i want to find out, who is changing this status.

Is there any log function?

BR Holger

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2018

There is, but in most cases, it is turned off by default.

Go to admin and look for the "audit log".  Enable that and it will start recording a lot of the administrative changes made, including status changes.

audit log is running, but there is no log when i create, change or delete an status

Path in Jira Administration: Issues - Issue Attributes - Statuses

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2018

Hmm, that's odd, the one I've got here logged a change to a status.  What version are you on?

v7.2.11

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2018

A bother, I've just tried a 7.2, and it doesn't log status renames.  Sorry, I don't think there's a way to work this out, unless you've got access logging enabled in a proxy or Tomcat (then you should be able to see the username of anyone on the "edit status" screen)

Holger Dietl January 12, 2018

I will clarify this with our application owner, i have only rights as Jira Admin. Thanks for your response.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events