Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira version

atsflex January 29, 2018

This is a interesting question: 

We have JIRA v7.4 running and when I look in the jira folder it shows jira atlassian-jira-4.4.4-standalone ONLY in the folder.  When I look in the /usr/home/ it shows the other developer(who is no longer here) downloaded v7.4.  I tried to see if they were linked together with a ls -lrt but only the list showed up.  Some how they are synchronized together.  Any helpful ideas to see where they are sync together? As I have to do a upgrade to 7.7. Thanks in advance!

2 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2018

I'd skip looking at files and look at what is running.

ps -ef | grep -i java

Is a crude trick (but should work on every *nix variant you might have).  The results should show you every Jira installation that's running, and where it is on the disk.

atsflex January 29, 2018

Thanks.  I did  the ps -ef | -I java and it /apps/jira/atlassian-jira-4.4.4-standalone/jre//bin/java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/apps/jira/atlassian-jira-4.4.4-standalone/conf/ running.  

I was told that he just ran the "update version".bin and it automatically upgraded alone with the older version of the Jira.  Is this a faster way trick and I didn't know about it? LOL  I just run the v7.7.bin and it will automatically upgrade to that version on top of what we currently have.  I just don't want go to around changing the environments on the server, I rather leave things as is.  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2018

Ok, great start.  That means you only have one installation running, and you know where it is.

The /jre/bin is quite telling, as older versions needed a separate installation of Java and it had to be a jdk, not jre.

So, the evidence to me strongly suggests a single 4.4 install that has been upgraded to 7.7. 

If it's working ok, there's no need to mess with it, all I'd do is add a "readme-<your organisation>.txt" on the root of the jira install and copy in the home directory (you never know where a new admin might look) and document it in your admin space so you don't forget!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events