Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira ticket priority is hard to see

Spencer Goodrich January 29, 2020

It's really hard for me to tell the different between priorities on a project board. High priority is red and medium priority is orange, and they use the same symbol. I can't read at a glance what is most important. I think it would be an easy fix to change it to either a different color, or a different symbol, or just use another marking system such as four dots that get filled with a bright color according to priority, 1->4 being low->high.

Does anybody else share my pain?

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2020

No.  I do when I pick up a new Jira where no-one has thought about it, but log in as an admin, go to Admin -> Issues -> Priorities and changing the colours and icons to something better differentiated fixes it. 

It is well buried, but you can customise them to death.  I'm particularly fond of changing the icons to pictures of numbers and picking colour schemes that work for colour-blind people.

brian November 6, 2020

Thanks for pointing this out! Also looks like the default JIRA images have been updated but existing projects need to explicitly choose the new ones.

Old: /images/icons/priorities/high.svg

New: /images/icons/priorities/critical.svg

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events